Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Random Thoughts

So many thoughts going on in my head these days. School is starting soon and my little baby will be going to pre-school for the first time (sniff sniff). Ok, so he is coming to school with me, but he is still old enough to be there which makes me really sad because I just want him to stay a baby forever. Hearing about all those bloggers who are pregnant makes me so want another baby!! How is it that almost three years ago he was a newborn?
Here is a picture taken at my parent's house by their pool. I must give the photo credit to my sister Kiki's boyfriend...yes this is one of my favorite pics of him this summer.

Great picture, but does not truly capture the wild man he really is. This is the child who NEVER slept. Who NEVER eats. Who NEVER stops moving!! He is crazy active. I swear he could be an Olympic hopeful. Last night we took him out for his first ice cream cone. He has had ice cream before, but never on a cone. We just always have ice pops in the house. So last night he said to me, "Mommy I want ice cream and I want to lick it". Ok, so after dinner we headed to Carvel
for some sweet treats. He loved it. He was so proud of himself for holding his own cone and licking it. My husband got him a gigantic one thinking that they would share, except Daddy kept hogging the ice cream so little man kept inching away from him saying, "No Daddy it's my ice cream"!! Then we headed to the park. Ok, so it was like 7:30 ish, but you have to remember that this child requires little to no sleep so lets tire him out!
We get to the park and there is a little boy there who appears to be about the same age and immediately starts to follow my son. Clearly this little boy wants to play. My son has totaly tunnel vision. Its like a horse in training with the blinders on. He just runs. He runs the path like a rat running a maze to get the cheese. It is quite a sight to see.

I feel bad now at this point because the little boy is trying so hard to get my son's attention and I don't want these strangers to think that we are playground snobs. So I feel compelled to strike up a convo with them. They were possibly the nicest people I've met at the playground. I find out that the little boy is only a month and a half older than my son and he doesn't eat or sleep either! Its Kismet! Finally my son notices that the little boy is interested in playing and what does my son do? He shakes the little boys hand!! How cute is that? The little boy was so shocked that he said, "Mommy he's shaking my hand".
Then my son shouts out, "Get me get me" and off they went. He squealed with excitement at the little boy (who was slightly bigger than him---my kid is a peanut!) chased him around the park...only thing is the little boy could not catch him because my son is super fast, I mean Forest Gump fast. I am not kidding. The parents of the little boy commented on it as well as other onlookers. Seriously, I think we might have to tap into this raw talent and make something of it.
When it was time to leave the little boy, out of breath, said to my husband "He's crazy" (meaning my son)....what we have always known. How's that for validation from a 2 year old!!

Anyhow, have you been checking out Homegoods and TJ Maxx lately? Oh the goodies for Halloween!!! I got some super cute stuff the other day, but I can't show you because I think I might have to save it for the swap!!
Happy Tuesday!!!

7 comments:

GrannySmithGreen said...

I can so relate! It's so nice to know that we aren't the only ones with a "wild one"!

Gracie Beth said...

I saw the Halloween stuff at Homegoods/ TJ Maxx too, and also thought of the swap!

shoeaddict said...

OH, he's beautiful!
It sounds like a nice time. I love meeting new people. I didn't sleep either as a child.

Pink Flamingo said...

Your little guy is ADORABLE!! Hang in there...I swear my littest diva is part Energizer bunny some days! She is constantly on the "go". Makes for GOOD TIMES! :)

Kiki said...

This was a sweet post, your little man is so cute...

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Too cute! Sounds like he keeps you on your toes constantly!

Petunia said...

Your little boy is totally adorable! He sounds like he is ALL BOY!!